[weboob] Request: making the creditmutuel backend a bit less verbose

Sébastien Hinderer Sebastien.Hinderer at ens-lyon.org
Fri Aug 12 12:11:14 CEST 2022

Dear all,

Line 211 of modules/creditmutuel/pages.py says:

            self.logger.warning("2FA is still valid, avoiding the 'confirm your identity' page.")

Would it be possible to change the log level of this message to either
NOTICE or even INFO, please?

I am asking this because I have a cron script that daily downloads my bank
account's history. When this script is run, its stderr is made
non-empty by this message and I consequently receive an e-mail from cron
which I rather see as noise. I'd prefer not to receive any e-mail
in these (normal) circumstances and receive one only when there actually is a
problem, e.g. 2FA is no longer valid and I need to re-authenticate
interactively. In the current situation, I either loose a bit of time
going through an e-mail uselessly, or I may miss an important
information and, because I won't re-authenticate interactively, the
automatic download of my bank history would stop working until I notice
there actually is a problem.

I assume there are ways to configure Python's logger to not log
warnings, but on the one hand I am not sure this would be a good thing
to do (I may miss other ones), and, on the other hand, I do think that
warning is a too high priority for the message in question.

Many thanks in advance for your attention and understanding, and thanks
a lot for maintaining this very useful tool.

Sébastien.