[weboob] Weboob and JavaScript

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Thu Dec 21 17:49:10 CET 2017

  > In general, weboob does not execute Javascript code from website.

That is good news.

								      The only
  > exception is for the PayPal authentication, which requires to install a
  > Javascript engine like nodejs.

Can you help me understand this particular issue better?

node.js is free software, right?  So the user's need to install
node.js is not, in itself, a problem at all.  It is ok as a
dependency.

However, what about the specific JS code that operates with node.js?
Where does that code come from?  Is it part of the PayPal
authentication module?  If so, is it free software (I would expect
so).

Or does it come from some web site?  Which site, or sites?

--
Dr Richard Stallman
Skype: No way! See https://stallman.org/skype.html.