[weboob] how to make a proper installation of weboob in Ubuntu?

Alex Thierry alex.thierry at openmailbox.org
Sat Jan 3 12:37:07 CET 2015

Hi,

I discovered Weboob recently so I wanted to discover it, but I'm facing
some problems I don't know how to manage.
First, I use Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
I followed the instructions in the install page, but I experienced what
you are warning about in the instructions : I could never launch a
single video. Qvideoob turns grey, comes back, and nothing.
In the installation instructions on the webpage, there are some pieces
of advice I could not follow, like checking if my version (in Ubuntu
14.04, it's 0.g-1) matches  the stable or unstable Debian package,
because I do not even know how to do that.
Then I thought I could install the latest available package, which has a
form of tar.gz : I don't get a clue of how to install that kind of archive.
Would that be possible to have more precise instructions about how to
make a proper installation? It's a pity that a tool which looks damn
powerfull is not able to work fine under the most popular Linux distro.

Thank your for reading me,

Alex (and sorry for my english, it's not my native language)