[weboob] Questions about new module

Cédric Félizard cedric at felizard.fr
Wed Apr 22 18:36:44 CEST 2015

On 22/04/15 15:45, Laurent Bachelier wrote:
> On 2015-04-22 17:35, Cédric Félizard wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I wrote a new module for a bank based in New Zealand and I've got some
>> questions for you guys.
>>
>> 1. How do you integrate it into Weboob? Is that okay if I give you a Git
>> remote to pull from? How do you deal with module updates?
> Yes.
> You'll provide updates by sending git patches (and/or remote to pull from).
>
>> 2. Can I publish it under the AGPLv3+ license?
> Yes, it's the preferred license.
>
>> 3. About the favicon, shall I draw an ugly one¹ that is close enough to
>> the official logo but not too close so we don't get trouble regarding
>> copyrights?
> Yes, exactly :p
>
>> 4. I noticed a bug in boobank while working on this - say I have two
>> backends set up, one in EUR and one in NZD, when I type `boobank list`,
>> it sums both accounts for the total without doing any currency
>> conversion. That's like comparing apples and oranges². Let me know if I
>> should report it on the Bug Tracker.
> Yes it's pretty stupid, it could sum by currency instead. Opening a bug
> report helps not forgetting about it.

Ok I'll open a bug report shortly.

>> 5. Anything else I should know about publishing a new module?
> It looks like you've done an extensive research already :)
> http://dev.weboob.org/guides/module if you haven't read it.

Great, thanks a lot for your help.

I just pushed it to GitHub¹
<https://github.com/infertux/weboob-kiwibank.git>. My Python is a bit
rusty though so it'd be great if someone could review it. I'd love to
make it more Pythonic (and maybe even more Weboobic!) so feel free to
suggest improvements. Once we're all happy with the code, I want to tag
it with Git so you guys can integrate it.

¹ Yeah I know I should self host... :P