[weboob] Questions about new module

Laurent Bachelier laurent at bachelier.name
Wed Apr 22 17:45:23 CEST 2015

On 2015-04-22 17:35, Cédric Félizard wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I wrote a new module for a bank based in New Zealand and I've got some
> questions for you guys.
>
> 1. How do you integrate it into Weboob? Is that okay if I give you a Git
> remote to pull from? How do you deal with module updates?
Yes.
You'll provide updates by sending git patches (and/or remote to pull from).

> 2. Can I publish it under the AGPLv3+ license?
Yes, it's the preferred license.

> 3. About the favicon, shall I draw an ugly one¹ that is close enough to
> the official logo but not too close so we don't get trouble regarding
> copyrights?
Yes, exactly :p

> 4. I noticed a bug in boobank while working on this - say I have two
> backends set up, one in EUR and one in NZD, when I type `boobank list`,
> it sums both accounts for the total without doing any currency
> conversion. That's like comparing apples and oranges². Let me know if I
> should report it on the Bug Tracker.
Yes it's pretty stupid, it could sum by currency instead. Opening a bug
report helps not forgetting about it.

> 5. Anything else I should know about publishing a new module?
It looks like you've done an extensive research already :)
http://dev.weboob.org/guides/module if you haven't read it.