[weboob] Filtering on fields: some comments

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 22:47:10 CET 2014

> Hello,
>
> I think that using "--select $full" instead of" --select ...t,thumbnail,..."
> should solve your problems.

Of course, "--select $full" does a quite good job. But it is really
really time consuming.

In fact, Grilo, the extensible multimedia framework Totem is based on,
has the equivalent of the --select weboob's option. What I'm trying to
do is to translate the request received by Grilo to weboob. By doing
that, I expect to have the best of the two worlds:
- if the Grilo client does not want an information taht request in
deep processing, the weboob action is fast.
- if the Grilo client request such information, only on this case the
weboob processing is long.

But this does not work as expected.

An other solution could be to request weboob for all direct
informations (those that not require an in deep processing) and
ensuring explicit informations are reported. Something like "--select
$direct,title,author". But this strategy does not work: when
requesting "--select $direct,url" the url is not fetched.

Or perhaps should we implement an other option in weboob: instead of
"--select" which try to "filter" the result, perhaps should we create
a "--require" to explicitly express the following fileds are required,
without affecting the reporting of others already computed fields.