[weboob] RFC: a multi-line json formatter

Guilhem Bonnefille guilhem.bonnefille at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:08:41 CEST 2014

Hi,

Since few days, I'm hacking around videoob in order to integrate this
part of weboob inside GUI applications.

In order to communicate, I use JSON format because it is easy. By
"easy" I mean JSON parsers already exists, so I just have to
concentrate on my glue code and forget the creation of an adhoc parser
for any other output provided by weboob. But this format has an issue
in my context: it is a single response (an array of JSON elements).
So, the GUI application has to wait all Webbob's backends before being
able to display anything.

Is it possible to imagine an other JSON formatter providing one JSON
result structure per line, displaying them as soon as the backend has
computed them?

Doing so, the GUI application will be able to display partial results,
giving a better feedback to the user.

Any comment appreciated.
--
Guilhem BONNEFILLE