[weboob] Devel with Github

Laurent Bachelier laurent at bachelier.name
Tue Feb 18 02:07:26 CET 2014

On 2014-02-17 13:29, Famille Os wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use github for some personnal dev.
> So I want to manage my weboob modifications in a clone in github.
>
> But weboob is on symlink and not github.
>
> I saw that multiple clones already exists no github.
> I could clone them but I don't know if they are synchronized with
> official git in symlink.
>
> How to use github for own dev with master/origin at symlink ?
> (step by step procedure for a newbie in git like me)
>
> Thanks,
> Vicnet

GitHub projects have no special synchronization, and you do not need
your source to be from GitHub either.

1) Create an empty project named weboob on GitHub.
2) git clone -o upstream git://git.symlink.me/pub/weboob/devel.git
3) git remote add origin git at github.com:YOURUSERNAME/weboob.git
4) git push -u origin master

The only trick here is steps 2 and 3, which GitHub kinda does for you
when you "fork".

And to keep your repo up to date:
1) git fetch upstream
2) git rebase upstream/master