[weboob] Release plan for 0.i

Romain Bignon romain at symlink.me
Mon Apr 21 09:51:47 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 02/Apr - 15:21, Flo wrote:
> We therefore plan a release around the 1th may. The main missing feature
> for me is probably to transparently rename a module, but there are
> others one pending in the bug trackers. In the same way, Romain would
> like to see a minimum of ~20 modules with Browser2 included before the
> release.

There are currently 19 modules, so we are not far from release.

However, there are two missing important things:

* Authentication management of browser2 (currently it is really basic and not
  enough)
* Better exceptions management between the two browsers. We still import old
  exceptions for incorrect password or unavailable pages, but I don't think it
  would be better to duplicate exceptions on the two browser. I think we may
  have a common browser interface (useful for Backend.build_default_browser)
  with default exceptions, and each browser inherits from base exceptions and
  optionally other parents (urllib.HTTPError or so)

It is necessary to have these two features to prevent major API changes in
future versions.