[weboob] Status of 0.h - plan for the release!

Romain Bignon romain at symlink.me
Wed Nov 27 14:50:47 CET 2013

On 27/Nov - 14:16, Flo wrote:
> Others new modules:

There is also a new ICapBank module for banque-accord.fr.

> First, there are some pending patch to merge. It contains a new
> application (boobcoming) and the new cap CapCalendar. I plan to merge it
> soon, and it will probably be the major new feature of the release. You
> can have a look on it here :
> http://git.symlink.me/?p=benjamin/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/boobcoming
>
> In related work, the new module OVS:
> http://git.symlink.me/?p=ntome/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ovs

What is the difficulty now to merge theses commits? There are needed code
reviews or anything else?

> This was the easy part of merge. The hard part is the project to
> derivate CapVideo and CapAudio from the same BaseCapability. The current
> works is here:
> http://git.symlink.me/?p=peetah/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/audio
>
> I would like to have it in 0.h, but we still do not have a consensus on
> the best way to do that.

Actually, I like how Pierre has written his patches, because when you implement
a ICapAudio module for example, you can either implement search_file() or
search_audio().

For example, if a module implements ICapAudio and ICapVideo, I can do that
methods:

def search_audio(self, *args, **kwargs):
    return iter(something)

def search_video(self, *args, **kwargs):
    return iter(something)

def search_files(self, *args, **kwargs):
    for f in self.search_audio(*args, **kwargs):
        yield f
    for f in self.search_video(*args, **kwargs):
        yield f

So it works with videoob, radioob, but also with a generic application which
supports only ICapFile.

>  * https://symlink.me/issues/1284

To be honest, I think ICapGauge may be moved into a new application.

> Transilien module is broken since the version 0.e. My question is them
> the relevance to have module in a release, without any hope that someone
> fix it (it is frustrating for new users to have buggy modules)
>
> In the same way, prixcaburbants should be fixed. More generally, can we
> find a way to signalize modules as broken on the website? We have now a
> lot of modules, a lot of (external-)maintainers, and we have to find a
> way to classify it to not frustrate users with not working modules.

I think this is important to keep broken modules, because it increases the size
of our penis, but also it encourages users to contribute to fix them.

This said, I agree it would be nice to have a status on modules boxes on website
to tell if there are bugs related to them (with a script linked to symlink.me
and the field “Module” on issues).

> There are still a lot to do, and to test. But since the number of new
> modules (~20 with pending merge), we should plan a release soon. Maybe
> the week of the 16th December?

Right.