[weboob] Status of 0.h - plan for the release!

Flo weboob at flo.fourcot.fr
Wed Nov 27 14:16:26 CET 2013

Hello,

this is probably the last point before the release. This mail contains a
small overview of changes, the work to do before the release (in my
point of view, feel you free to comment), and the plan for the release.

======== New ========

In the 0.h, we have first a lot of new radio modules:

 * Nihon no Oto               http://www.nihon-no-oto.com
 * difm                       http://www.di.fm
 * somafm                     http://somafm.com
 * Nectarine Demoscene Music  http://www.scenemusic.net
 * RockRadio.com              http://www.rockradio.com

in related works, radioob supports now to select streams with the play
command.

Others new modules:

 * colissimo    http://www.colissimo.fr/     (CapParcel)
 * JVMalin.fr   http://www.jvmalin.fr        (CapTravel)
 * EDF          http://monagencepart.edf.fr  (CapBill)
 * indeed       http://www.indeed.fr         (CapJob)
 * quvi         lot of website               (CapVideo)
 * poivy        http://poivy.com             (CapBill)
 * cci          http://www.cci.fr/           (CapJob)
 * liberation   http://liberation.fr         (CapMessage)
 * github       http://github.com            (CapBugTracker)
 * velib/JCDecaux                            (CapGauge)
 * jacquieetmichel                           (CapVideo)

We have then two deleted/removed modules: ecrans, isohunt (websites are
closed).
Not a lot of changes in the core or in application. Some bug fixes,
little improvements, but nothing really exciting.

======== ToDo ========

I] To merge

a) easy

First, there are some pending patch to merge. It contains a new
application (boobcoming) and the new cap CapCalendar. I plan to merge it
soon, and it will probably be the major new feature of the release. You
can have a look on it here :
http://git.symlink.me/?p=benjamin/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/boobcoming

In related work, the new module OVS:
http://git.symlink.me/?p=ntome/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ovs

b) Not easy

This was the easy part of merge. The hard part is the project to
derivate CapVideo and CapAudio from the same BaseCapability. The current
works is here:
http://git.symlink.me/?p=peetah/weboob.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/audio

I would like to have it in 0.h, but we still do not have a consensus on
the best way to do that.

II] Others to do

a) To code

Some ideas/thing I would like to see in 0.h:
 * https://symlink.me/issues/1289
 * https://symlink.me/issues/1284
 * https://symlink.me/issues/1055
 * https://symlink.me/issues/1039

b) Documentation

Probably one of the highest priority:
 * https://symlink.me/issues/1275

c) To remove?

Transilien module is broken since the version 0.e. My question is them
the relevance to have module in a release, without any hope that someone
fix it (it is frustrating for new users to have buggy modules)

In the same way, prixcaburbants should be fixed. More generally, can we
find a way to signalize modules as broken on the website? We have now a
lot of modules, a lot of (external-)maintainers, and we have to find a
way to classify it to not frustrate users with not working modules.

There are still a lot to do, and to test. But since the number of new
modules (~20 with pending merge), we should plan a release soon. Maybe
the week of the 16th December?

--
Florent.