[weboob] [gilles.quenot at gmail.com: Re: weboob backend LCL]

Pierre Mazière pierre.maziere at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 09:32:03 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 01:07:05AM +0100, Gilles wrote:

> >There is one issue reported for this patch: the "mode" variable that you
> >modify allows the browser to choose any day-based range, up to 90 days
> >from what Luc Didry told me when he tested your patch.
> >At one point, the history spans over several pages using a pager.
> >Ideally, we should be able to :
> >1/ set any day-based range in boobank
> >2/ retrieve all the pages containing the results if the LCL pager is
> >    activated.
> >
> >Actually, the first point seems to require a modification in the bank
> >and/or account capability.
> >
> >In my opinion, the second point is mandatory: if we choose to increase
> >the history range, we have to be able to grab all the results.
> >Therefore, we have to either investigate on the maximum number of transactions
> >before the pager activation and then limit the history report to this
> >length, or to code whatever is necessary to grab all the results on the
> >different pages
> >
> >what do you think ?
> >
> >Pierre
> I think this problem is the same if you have a BIG bunch of
> movements with the default 7 days range.
> So I think there's no problem with the patch itself : the goal of my
> patch is to be able to have more than the few default.

The probability of a huge stack of events during the default 7 days
range is certainly minimized compared to the 45 days range.
The problem is that this pager issue was not anticipated before your
patch, mainly because I don't have access to a personal account on LCL.
Therefore, you, or someone having access to a LCL personal account will have
to contribute futher in order to solve this issue

> I think the best is to grab all transactions, all in one.

Then, as explained above, in order to code something useful, I would need:
- the maximum number of transactions before the pager activation
- an anonymized example of all the pages composing a fully paged result

thanks

Pierre