[weboob] Bug report : minbif : Lot of LISTEN ports opened by one minbif process (xinetd)

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Wed Mar 30 14:21:16 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 25/Mar - 14:40, TsT wrote:
> Because I fail to login on the website, I'm not be able to submit my bug.

I think you can open bug reports without being logged on website.

> Minbif 1.0.4 / libpurple 2.7.3-1+squeeze1
> Debian squeeze / Linux ... 2.6.34.6-xxxx-grs-ipv6-32 #3 SMP ... i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I'm using minbif connected by a IRC proxy (bouncer) to keep online forever.
> I see lot of tcp6 LISTEN port open by minbif.
> It's maybe due to dcc support, but I never use it.

How do you run minbif? In daemon fork mode or with inetd?

A similar issue[1] has been fixed in 1.0.4 with daemon fork mode, but if you use
Minbif 1.0.4 and if you use the inetd mode it's not related.

I think the only two reasons to have opened ports are:
− there is a defect somewhere in the DCC part, but if you are sure you have
never used file transferts with minbif, and/or you have disabled DCC in config…
— there is a strange behavior with a plugin

Do you use third plugins?

Romain

[1] http://git.symlink.me/?p=romain/minbif.git;a=commitdiff;h=0c72132b32703ab42bbd6cdef9e616aa4a6f22db