[weboob] win32 console lib

Laurent Dufrechou laurent.dufrechou at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:29:50 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm looking to improve the win32 console support, allowing colors and bold.
I've seen two ways for doing that:

http://www.burgaud.com/bring-colors-to-the-windows-console-with-python

or

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/colorama

First link:
No dependency,uses ctypes
-> But I need to create two functions for console support like:
consoleSetBold(True/False)
consoleSetColor()
Other advantage I can get also console width with this code...

Second link:
Need external dependency but much simpler in that you only need to call
init() that will wrap sys.stdout to handle ascii chars under win32.
Bad points: needs user to download another package
->can it be integrated into weboob source in "./external" directory? (4/5
.py files)

What is your preference?
Any better idea?

Other point, Can I modify AUTHORS to change my email address? The one
registered is my job address.

Thx for your comments,
Laurent