[weboob] cclive and quvi

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Tue Jul 12 09:43:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I would like to bring to your attention a competitor to videoob.

cclive is a tool to download which uses libquvi, a library which supports more
than 30 video websites. It is written in C++, and backends are written in lua.

There are less features than weboob and videoob, as it only get direct URL to
video file or stream, not any meta-data. But the approach is interesting,
because lua files are light.

I think we should ease backend creation, and avoid copy/paste from other
backends. Perhaps there are too many files in a backend, or many classes
(backend + brother + video + pages) for little quantity of code. The more
meaningful example is radios, where there are really few lines exploded in many
files.

I'll try to rewrite radios backends in one files each.