[weboob] Liste des dépendances

Romain Garbage romain.garbage at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 19:15:25 CEST 2011

Le 20 avril 2011 14:41, Christophe Benz <christophe.benz at gmail.com> a écrit :
> Hi Romain,
>
> I am the author of the setup.py file.
>
> Initially the dependencies were commented because I preferred to install
> them with packages of the distribution (Debian package names are given).
>
> The problem is that some python packages are still not available in
> distributions.
>
> Since there is a --no-deps option, I am going to put the dependencies back.
> You'll have the choice to install them or not.

Ok, thanks. I'm currently investigating on the way to make a port of
weboob for FreeBSD and I read that there are mechanisms in FreeBSD
Ports infrastructure to deal with setuptools python packages, so it
might be much easier to make a port for it with the dependency
mechanism activated in setup.py

Another related question: I also saw in setup.py file that there is a
"packages" variable. I'm not sure if it is also dependency-related(I
looked into Setuptools Developer's guide at the "Using
find_packages()" section, but I'm kind of lost). Could you briefly
explain what it is for?

Regards,