[weboob] Liste des dépendances

Romain Garbage romain.garbage at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 23:09:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

Le 18 avril 2011 23:26, Laurent Bachelier <laurent at bachelier.name> a écrit :
> Do note that in Python projets it's often easier to look at the setup.py
> to find out what are the dependencies.

Ok, so I looked into setup.py from version 0.7 tarball, and I saw this:

    200     install_requires=[
    201         # 'ClientForm', # python-clientform
    202         # 'elementtidy', # python-elementtidy
    203         # 'FeedParser', # python-feedparser
    204         # 'gdata', # python-gdata
    205         # 'html5lib', # python-html5lib
    206         # 'lxml', # python-lxml
    207         # 'Mako', # python-mako
    208         # 'mechanize', # python-mechanize
    209         # 'PIL', # python-imaging
    210         # 'PyQt', # python-qt4
    211         # 'python-dateutil', # python-dateutil
    212         # 'PyYAML', # python-yaml
    213         # 'Routes', # python-routes
    214         # 'simplejson', # python-simplejson
    215         # 'WebOb', # python-webob
    216         ],

As I understand it, the current installer doesn't check for
dependencies (everything commented). Is there any reason for that? I
thought that one of the benefits of using setuptools was to permit
automatic installation of dependencies (like gem for Ruby). Am I
right? (I remember you that I don't know Python quite at all)

Regards,