[weboob] Scheduler, Bcall and threads

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Thu May 20 10:57:29 CEST 2010

Hi,

Currently we use threads in weboob to do calls to backends, to optimize
performances. Threads are also used in the default scheduler.

Firstly, there is a big problem in the current state, because when an
application uses threads (during bcall or with scheduler), it is NOT possible to
SIGTERM the application (KeyboardInterrupt). It would be *really* important to
solve this problem.

Then, I don't know if it's a good idea to use threads with the default
scheduler. It's usefull for example to not block application (for example if a
task takes lot of time). But the problem is that in other schedulers (for
example the QtApplication one), they are run in the main thread. As backends
don't know what scheduler they use, it is not a good thing to have several
behaviors.

A little remark about the default scheduler. As Christophe you have changed the
behavior to run immediately a repeated task, it's run in the main thread, so it
blocks the application the first time.