[weboob] Roadmap

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Tue Jul 13 11:06:35 CEST 2010

Hi developers,

I've created three new versions on redmine:

* 0.1 (2010-07-25)
* 0.2 (2010-08-25)
* 0.3 (2010-09-25)

I think it's a good calendar for now, because release often allows users to
enjoy new features quickly, and it's very important for our communication plan.

I've dispatched every tickets on these versions, but please, for each tickets
assigned to you, check (and eventually change) the priority and re-target if
necessary.

There aren't yet any ticket targeted 0.3, but you can do it at your convenience.

I think we should concentrate now, for the version 0.1, to the core
stabilisation, before any new features on frontends/backends (but it's still
interesting).

On the other hand, it's now too late to change the capabilities' API, even less
to create new ones. The 0.1 release will happen in 12 days (today), so it's
really important to have a stable thing.

Note that the most important thing is to have a beautiful setup system
(Christophe has done a good job about this), and some Debian packages with a
non-official Debian repository.

After that, we'll be able to communicate about Weboob, for example on DLFP and
so.

To end up, I think perhaps we should wait for the SLM (RMLL) videos of lectures
to release, because our beautiful performance can also be a good communication
way. Any opinion?