[weboob] Reminder about development

Christophe Benz christophe.benz at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 10:31:14 CEST 2010

Le Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:25:33 +0200,
Romain Bignon <romain at peerfuse.org> a écrit :

> On 12/Apr - 10:22, Christophe Benz wrote:
> > I would add something:
> > I just see that the commit history is quite fork-ish :-) Perhaps you
> > already know, but please prefer rebasing branches instead of merging
> > them.
> >
> > This helps keeping a linear history ;-)
>
> You're right, I tried to rebase before pushing the last commits, but
> it'd broken my public repository (would need to use -f).
>
> But it is avoided if everybody use --rebase when pulling a branch.

Yes, and as a developer, I have no problems since I use a
specific branch to commit, which I name "cbenz", in order to avoid
commiting in master.

So each time I want to update the source, I checkout master, I pull,
then I rebase cbenz onto master (and not merge).

--
Christophe Benz
http://cbenz.pointique.org