[weboob] Storage data system

Christophe Benz christophe.benz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 14:36:58 CEST 2010

Hi,

Le Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:00:04 +0200,
Romain Bignon <romain at peerfuse.org> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Here a new problem, and I don't have any solution, this is a system
> to allow backend to store data.
>
> Firstly, the main question is to know if a backend instance might
> share his saved data between frontends, or if every frontend stores
> his own copy of data for a specific backend instance.

It seems to be cleaner to store information once. If there are
configuration differences between frontends, we could store many
configurations associated to the backend, then the frontend would
choose the one it prefers.

For example, here is a sample ~/.weboob/backendrc.d/aum:

[loverboy666]
login=loverboy666
password=tareum

[smellycat]
login=smellycat
password=tupues

> For example, with two frontends (monboob and havesex, for example),
> who uses the same backend instance “aum1”, do them share the storage
> or not?

The semantics is that this backend has two accounts. The frontend would
be launched like that:

$ havesex --config=loverboy666
or
$ monboob --config=loverboy666

But now I think about a generalisation: monboob sends mail, not only
for aum! Let's take the example of dlfp with
~/.weboob/backendrc.d/dlfp:

[moule]
login=moule
password=farcie

We could tell monboob to use the [moule] config for dlfp and the
[smellycat] config for aum like that:

$ monboob --config=aum:smellycat,dlfp:moule

--
Christophe Benz
http://cbenz.pointique.org