[weboob] Storage data system

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Thu Apr 1 12:00:04 CEST 2010

Hi,

Here a new problem, and I don't have any solution, this is a system to allow
backend to store data.

Firstly, the main question is to know if a backend instance might share his
saved data between frontends, or if every frontend stores his own copy of data
for a specific backend instance.

For example, with two frontends (monboob and havesex, for example), who uses the
same backend instance “aum1”, do them share the storage or not?

If it is shared, I think this is to weboob to give an object to backends, and it
stores data in a file ~/.weboob/backendsdata for example.

If it is NOT shared, the better thing is to let frontend give a class which
implement a specific interface.

Note that, in my opinion, I think we don't need to share data between frontends,
and this is a good thing to let frontends giving the class (or to not giving
anything, for light frontends like “travel”).