[Peerfuse-dev] The Chimera DHT

Romain Bignon romain at peerfuse.org
Sun Aug 17 03:18:59 CEST 2008

Hello,

I spent a lot of time last week to translate the Chimera DHT's code (written in
C) to integrate it into Peerfuse.

For the time, these files are completly translated:
key.h
key.c
host.h
host.c
route.h
route.c

And that files are partialy translated, with some evolutions later due to design
matters:
chimera.h
chimera.c
message.h
message.c
network.h
network.c

Some helpers files, like dtime.c or jrb.c are keept, and other useless files are
removed (log.c, job_queue.c, priqueue.c, semaphore.c, include.h).

You can see these information here:
http://git.peerfuse.org/?p=romain/peerfuse.git;a=blob;f=common/dht/NOTES;hb=chimera

Note that you can read all DHT related files here:
http://git.peerfuse.org/?p=romain/peerfuse.git;a=tree;f=common/dht;hb=chimera

Checkout my chimera branch with:

$ git branch chimera                                                   # create the chimera branch from the official peerfuse.git repository
$ git checkout chimera                                                 # switch to the chimera branch
$ git pull http://git.peerfuse.org/pub/romain/peerfuse.git chimera     # merge my modification in the new branch

You can now work on it, do modification, push it on a public repos (with, for
example:
$ git push me at peerfuse.org:~/git/peerfuse/ chimera

And ask me to pull your modifications on my machine.

I'm tired, but tomorrow I'll speak about the two problems I have with the
Chimera implementation (one about the network layer, one about the message
delivry).

Best regards and good night,

--
Romain Bignon -- http://romain.peerfuse.org